Tips for the Spring
Spring has arrived, and we want you to be prepared. We have provided you with some tips to help you prevent possible plumbing disasters this spring.
Spring Plumbing Tips:
- If your water heater is more than 15 years old, consider replacing it.
- Drain several gallons from your water heater tank to flush out corrosion causing sediment.
- Consider installing a backflow valve in the floor drain.
- Inspect for slow leaks by reading your water meter at night and in the morning. If there is a difference, you have a leak.
- Consider installing flood alarms
- Check exposed pipes under sinks and the basement for signs of leaks